- Gaming Intelligence Group
Meet the client
Gaming Intelligence Group provides bleeding-edge news, analysis, and business intelligence regarding developments within the industry on a global scale. Stakeholders and industry players utilise this information to respond best and adapt their practice. Gamingintelligence.com and their sister publication; – GIQ Magazine, have established themselves as a trusted source for critical decision-makers and marketers.
- Joomla! based website was at the end of life.
- Required a tiered membership and paywalls system.
- Ad manager required.
- Better and more secure hosting required.
- Wanted to be more accessible to Spanish speaking markets.
- Opportunity to incorporate marketing tools.
- Opportunity to improve SERP.
- A re developed website on a WordPress structure.
- Migrated assets.
- Resilient AWS hosting architecture.
- Tiered membership system.
- Advanced ad system: Site-wide ad placement, paywall placement, homepage takeovers, and management.
- Geo IP – Autodetection and feeds Spanish content to predominantly Spanish speaking countries.
- Structured data and SEO for improved search engine results pages.
- Automated email marketing / commercial feed system using RSS data.
- Modern, flexible, secure, and reliable website.
- 99.99% up-time.
- Comprehensive paywall and ad manager.
- Fully functional and user-friendly tiered membership system.
- A multi-lingual website.
- Revenue generating commercial feed to Dow Jones using RSS data.
- Optimised SERP.
Headless WordPress CMS
We built Gaming Intelligence’s Joomla! based website. This was now out of date – with hosting, security, and compatibility issues. We developed a brand-new headless WordPress website and content management structure, allowing content to be universally managed across platforms with ease. The new website is fully accessible, functional, and structured in a meticulous way with SERP, navigation, user interface, and experience at the top of mind.
AWS Resilient Architecture
The Gaming Intelligence domain is now able to support high influxes of traffic with an exceptionally secure auto-scaling hosting structure.
Multi-lingual Geo IP
Predominantly Spanish speaking countries will now access the Spanish version of the website and its content. Our automatic geo IP detection instantly routes visitors from selected areas to the Spanish version of the website. This function aids Gaming Intelligence in creating more of an influence within Spanish markets.
Dow Jones Commercial Feed
Our marketing tool generates information from content on the website using RSS data. This market insight and information is then fed to Dow Jones on a daily to weekly basis – providing a significant additional stream of revenue for Gaming Intelligence.
The primary concern with our latest iteration of the GIG website was how we would go about migrating from one open-source platform Joomla! to a new and improved WordPress WooCommerce alternative. The key to any subscription platform is its content, and our team did an excellent job correctly transferring 100,000+ articles and their meta data to the new site.
Peter Davies | Technical Director
Similar Case Studies
Thrive Childcare – Secure WordPress and hosting structure with enhanced UX and UI
Black Sheep Wools – eCommerce and social media integration